COVID-19 has gripped our entire world at once. Our lives were once filled with routine things like working in an office, working out a gym, meeting friends for dinner, attending special occasions and driving to anywhere our heart desired. We now have a new reality which does not include traveling or leaving our homes. We have to be socially distant while we stock up on hard to find antibacterial materials. All of us need one another right now. When we submit to our leadership by staying home, we are ensuring our health as well as the health of everyone else. This is a time to connect with our loved ones and friends virtually. We have more time to rest and dream. We also mourn and grieve with those who have lost loved ones, friends, jobs, relationships, a peace of mind and more. Today, I want to pause and say thank you to our COVID-19 heroes. There are so many people who are working around the clock to ensure that all of us our safe and healthy.
When we play a game, watch a movie or make a phone call, someone is working to ensure we have electricity, cell phone service and internet access. We have people in media working around the clock to keep us informed. We have people cooking food, keeping shelves stocked, delivering things and more. We have leaders who are making difficult decisions to keep us safe and healthy. We have Christian leaders, musicians and celebrities who are keeping us encouraged on social media and by doing IG live events. We have our health care professionals risking their lives to keep us healthy. We have first responders and law enforcement who are keeping us safe. We have volunteers who are donating their time to be a good neighbor. These people are working in their roles but also have families, concerns and anxiety attached to CORVID-19. Thank you COVID-19 heroes for all your hard work. There are so many ways to say thank you to our CORVID-19 heroes. I would encourage you to say thank you.
- Social Media: Social media is a wonderful way to encourage other people. You can send an inspirational quote or picture to say thank you. When you comment on a post, that is also an encouragement. Also participating in live and streaming events is also a morale booster.
- Food Delivery: When you order food delivery, you are providing revenue for restaurants and our delivery companies. You are helping to secure the jobs of people who work in this industry.
- Emails: You can send an email of thank you to your favorite hero. As a leader, I know the importance and encouragement of emails. It will brighten someone’s day.
- Gift: There are so many ways you can give a gift. You can do something that involves money. You can volunteer your time. Whatever you decide to do, will be a blessing to someone else.
- Phone calls or text: There is nothing like giving the gift of a phone call or text. Sometimes, the smallest things can mean the most.