This holiday season, I made some decisions that have allowed me to savor the holidays. I have stayed on track with my 2019 goals and have kept my boundaries most of the time. I want to encourage you that even when you make a mistake, it is okay. We need to learn how to be better to ourselves. Here are some things that I have done this holiday season to give myself peace. Merry Christmas!
- Gifts for me: I do not usually buy gifts for myself until after the holidays. This year have bought things for myself and place to put them in a gift bag for myself. I think sometimes we can be so busy with our next activity or goal, that we forget about ourselves.
- Online and Drive Up Shopping: I am team online shopping all year. This year I did a little more in person shopping than I expected. I would highly recommend online shopping so that you can get what you need quickly. Also, you can save money. I believe in online grocery shopping. When you are tired, it is okay to take a break.
- Time for me: This year has been extremely busy but in the summer and fall, I needed to make adjustments to include time for me. I stopped booking my calendar to full capacity. I allowed myself to have time for me. There is nothing like sitting down and doing absolutely nothing. Our bodies are not made to be in the mode of moving 24/7.
- Health: I incorporated my exercises and stayed very close to my food regimen. When I was short on time to workout, I would walk which was so good to my soul. I also used my do not disturb when needed to give myself a break. Also, sleep was always on the menu. I could not give away sleep and I used naps where needed. There is nothing like a rested soul.
- Social time with my tribe: It was good to be social with the people in my tribe. Text messages and phone calls sometimes do not cut it. Spending face to face time was great. It was easy to wake up earlier or stay up later just to have face time with my tribe member.
- Grace towards myself: I had to be honest with myself when I was shopping for Christmas dinner. I did not feel like baking. So, I am bringing ice cream. I also did not have time to do Christmas cards so I am getting cards that say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year so I can mail them before the end of 2019. It felt good to say no to being overwhelmed. We need to extend grace to others but especially toward ourselves.
- Intentional Holiday Fun: I have been listening to Christmas and Holiday music since November. I have been watching Christmas movies. I have been eating holiday seasonal snacks. I am doing my best to savor this time of year. It is a fun time. I do not want to wake up on January 2nd and realize the season is done. So, let us continue to have fun.