We are in the final week of June. This signals the mid-year point of 2019. You may remember that we discussed setting goals and them we did a review in the spring. If you feel that you have made any progress, congratulations. If you feel stuck, I want to commend you. It takes a lot of courage and humility to be honest about where you are at currently. I want to encourage everyone to stay honest about your progress. Celebrate your progress. You do not have to fully accomplish a goal to celebrate it.
I have made a lot of progress on a lot of my goals. I was so wrapped up on the end of the goal that I almost missed the opportunity to celebrate. I am much better rested; my self-confidence is soaring and I am full of hope and joy even on days of confusion and disappointment. I noticed that my decision making is so much better. I also noticed that I am walking in my healing. I am human so I have had days where I cried more than smiled. I am not perfect and will never claim to be. My point is that you do not want to miss the journey.
So what are things you can do to brace yourself for the remainder of 2019?
- Start with gratitude.: Start by saying thank you. Everything may not be perfect but we are still standing and desire to be better. Sometimes we can get focused on what we lack or desire, that we forget or refuse to be thankful for what we have right now. It is okay to want better never forsake what is in front of you right now.
- Look at your vision board.: If you do not have a vision board, you can make one. If you have one, you can adjust it. You need to see your vision daily. Sometimes, we can imagine something but it is something else to see it daily. I look at my vision board just about daily. When I see it, especially on bad days, I am reminded that I am working toward something.
- Revamp or make changes.: It is okay to adjust. You may feel overwhelmed or your priorities have changed. I know I have made changes to mine. I am not ashamed of the changes. The changes are sign of growth and healing. It is okay to make changes.
- Where is your inner circle?: Life alone can be very lonely. There are times when alone time is great however that should not be your lifestyle. When you have people, who are: holding your accountable in love, helping to dry your tears or lend a listening ear, it makes the difference in the world. Also, the people around us tend to see us in a better light than we see ourselves.
- Love Yourself: You should be your biggest fan. I know life can hurt and disappoint us but we cannot get away from ourselves. Please love yourself and do not be your harshest critic. Sometimes the person who is hindering us from doing our greatest work maybe us. Negative self-talk will not accomplish anything but being a stumbling block.
- Prune as needed: There is nothing wrong with evaluating your boundaries. It is okay to remove or cutback certain relationships, friendships, habits and more. If someone or something is not supportive of you, there is no reason to keep that person or thing in your life a second longer.
- Keep Going: Sometimes we can be comfortable with accomplishing 10% of our goal. Progress is great but you should continue to keep going until you reach your destination. Yes, you should celebrate and enjoy yourself along the way but accomplishment is a great feeling.
Here is to the second half of 2019. I hope and pray it will be full of joy, love, peace, success and so much more. I hope on the tough days you would be reminded of the good days and the good people in your life. I am excited for us.