The first one-third of 2019 is almost over. Can you believe that the month of May starts in a couple days? You may be thinking it is too late to revamp and revisit your goals of 2019. That is not true. You can always adjust and revamp your goals. You will have a little over seven months to accomplish or make progress on your goals. This is good news. So, where do we start?
- Look at your vision board or your list of goals.: I looked at my vision board and realized that I was mostly on track. I realized that I had stretched myself and had slowed down in some areas. I also made peace with what did not occur (The Baltimore Ravens did not win the Super Bowl). This is a good time to look and take inventory. Do you need to adjust?
- Keep your goals and vision in sight.: My vision board was tucked away and I realized I need to see it every day so I can stay focused. You need to see your goals daily. You need to see it so on the hardest days so you can stay focused. You can save it on your phone or set aside five minutes a day to look at it in private.
- Congratulate yourself: Enjoy your journey. You must take a moment to congratulate yourself as you make progress. You do not have to wait until the goal is accomplished to congratulate yourself.
- Make Revisions: Have you fallen short in an area? Is a goal no longer your passion or you want to put it aside? It is okay to make changes. At the end of the day, if you are not happy what is the point? The revisions are necessary.
- Remove distractions: Sometimes, we are hindered by things and people that have nothing to do with our goals. We need to reevaluate our time and what we are doing with it. Pruning is necessary for growth.
- You need accountability.: The best way to accomplishing anything is to have someone outside of yourself who will hold you accountable in love. We are very bias when it comes to ourselves. We need to have someone or some people who will help us in our growth while loving us without judgement. This person or these people should be trusted people.
- You need support.: There will be tough days. You need people who will encourage and love you on your best, toughest and in between days. It makes a difference to have a safe place where you can be yourself without restrictions. You can be strong 100% of the time. You need to have someone else outside of yourself who you can lean on at any time.
I am also applying my own advice. I have been taking inventory. I am thankful to have an inner circle of people who I can trust with my goals and vision while doing the same for them. I have revised some goals because I feel bolder and stronger to do much more. I am taking this journey of life one day at a time. I am looking forward to us having in check in 60 days which will be the halfway point of 2019. Happy 2019 reset to you and me!