Happy New Year! It is so exciting to be in a new year. This is the perfect time to make an honest evaluation of 2018. You can build on the things that worked and learn lessons from those things that did not work. It is better to try something new and fail than to sit on the sidelines and do nothing. If you are still reeling from the effects of 2018, you should take a moment to exhale and regroup by clicking here. It is okay to take an honest pause to evaluate what worked and did not work. Also, it is okay to celebrate making it into a new year. It is also okay to grieve if needed.
The time has come to set our goals. I am not talking about a vague list that you will write down and not look at again until December. Let’s not only write down goals but take real steps to accomplish our goals. You have to make a decision to keep pushing forward no matter what and yes there will be valley moments. Yes, there will be moments of uncertainty but you have to keep pushing forward.
- Write down your goals: You memory is not enough for goal setting. You have to write down your goals. When you are doing somewhere, you need to know where you are going. How will you know where you are going?
- Measure your goals: You need to measure your goals. This will allow you to know that if your goal has been reached. If you want to save money, you have to give an amount.
- Be realistic: There is nothing wrong with dreaming but you do not want to overextend yourself. Your goals do not have to be easy but they have to make sense. If your is to be a chef of a five-star restaurant by the end of 2019 but you have never turned on a stove, that is not realistic.
- You need accountability: You need people in your corner who will not only love you but who will hold you accountable. People are who are not afraid to call you out in love. I am telling you from first hand experience, it makes a world of difference.
- Remove negativity: If you have people who are speaking against you or your goals, remove them from your realm. Everyone is not going to be supportive of you, so recognize that and be careful who you share your dreams with because everyone is not a fan.
- Enjoy the journey: It will take a lot of time and dedication during the journey. Enjoy all of it. The good, bad and in between is all apart of the process of getting you to your successful destination.
- Stay Strong: You have to make a decision to stay the course and be determined no matter what because you do not want to be sitting here on December 31, 2019 full of regret. You can modify your goals as needed but never give up.