A failure or setback is a disappointment. It can hurt and in the beginning bring up emotions such as confusion and sadness. The key is you have to make a decision to not stay in a place of defeat. Life will be full of failures and setbacks. We have to make a decision not to accept the attributes, name or personality of the failure or setback. You are destined for greatness. A failure or a setback is a sign you are closer to your next victory than you think. I want to take a moment to encourage you on to your next victory.
- You didn’t stay safely on the sidelines: It is easy to live in fear and never take a risk. You will have a 100% success rate because you never tried anything. When you make a decision to get off the sidelines, you are building up your courage for future adventures.
- You are honest about the failure: You are not trying to sugarcoat what happened. You are honest about the fact this is a failure or setback.
- Reflection: It is okay to take a moment to reflect on what happened but this process should not take months and years unless if it is something catastrophic.
- Review your approach: This is a great time to make adjustments to what did not work and build on what did work.
- Contact an expert: Surround yourself with people who have successfully completed what you are trying to do. These people can keep you encouraged and give you insight. There is nothing wrong with asking for help or being mentored.
- Are you giving your all?: A failure or setback maybe a sign that this is not something you like anymore to that you are not gifted to do. The good news is you’re a step closer to finding out what you are talented to do.
- Look Forward: Imagine accomplishing your goal? Imagine living your best life. A failure or setback is a bump in the road to your next victory. So don’t keep dwelling on what you cannot change but keeping moving forward.
- Prepare for your future self: Do not wait until you accomplish your goal to prepare for it. Start taking the necessary steps now so when you arrive at your finish line, you will not need a long adjustment period.