Depending on where you are located, you may or may not be experiencing autumn or fall weather yet. It may still feel like spring or summer. It will eventually become fall and we should plan ahead. So whether you are dating, engaged or married, here are some cool fall date ideas. Also, if you are single you can do these activities also with a group of friends or even make this a family outing. As always, make sure you are mindful of your health and do not overextend yourself.
- Visit a farm: I love fresh fruits and vegetables especially when they are cheap. Visiting a farm will allow you to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables in bulk. You can also get some apple cider or/pumpkins.
- Visit a farmer’s market: If you cannot go to a farm, allow the farm to come to you. At a farmer’s market there is so much delicious food and drinks for purchase as well as other products for your skin and home. A lot of farmer’s markets are open weekly so you can visit as often as you would like.
- Do a nonprofit fundraising walk or run: You can support a great cause while bonding with a loved one. A lot of organizations do their walks or runs right now when the weather is ideal. Some organizations even give you the option to donate and still get a t-shirt and more.
- Attend a nonprofit event: This is the season for a lot of ticketed fundraisers. These event feature so many great things including silent auctions, excellent food and drink, local celebrities, music and more. This is a great excuse to get dressed up and spend some quality time with your plus one. Think of a cause that is important to you. Follow them on social media and subscribe to their emails so you can be informed about their year round events.
- Attend a fall festival: Fall festivals feature different things such as the arts, food, drinks, music, and so much more to ring in fall. Many of these festivals charge admissions so please get your tickets in advance. Also go to the event’s website to learn more about the festival so you can arrange your parking and meeting place if needed.
- Visit a Winery: Why not mix in fun while trying wine at a beautiful location? Wineries are a great date idea because you can take your time touring the grounds while talking with your date. Also, you can allow this to be the start of a great day together. Usually, there are samples of food and wine but not whole meals.
- Go on a day trip: You may just need a change of scenery and why not do a day trip. You can check out a place for a few hours or even for a weekend. You can visit local landmarks, eat good food, walk around the city or town and so much more. Some websites that can help with your planning include: Airbnb, Tripadvisor, Opentable, Expedia, Uber and Lyft.