Today is the official start of the of the fourth quarter of 2018. That means 2018 is 75% over. The good news is there is still 25% of the year left. I think this is a great time to analyze what is working and what is not working. This includes your friendships, relationships, health, vocation, money and time habits and so much more. This is time to pat yourself on the back for what worked and also to revisit what is not working. Also, you may want to make sure you did not give yourself an east way out or you added more pressure on yourself. My goal is to encourage you and to let you know everything is going to be alright.
I am going to share what I do annually and you do not have to follow what works for me. I just want to encourage you that I am also a work in progress who strives daily to be a better person. This year has had its ups and downs but I am thankful that I have resumed writing which is my unique opinion and voice. Whatever you are dreaming of doing, with careful planning and hard work, you can achieve it. It is never too late.
- Boundaries: I always review my boundaries to make sure that I am my best self. If I feel that I am overextended in an area or I feel that I am not putting my 100% attention into something, I have to make some changes. To learn more about boundaries from my point of view, click here.
- My health: Am I getting enough sleep? Am I am pushing myself in every workout or am I doing the minimum? Am making good decision with food? Do I enjoy eating or do I just count calories all the time? Have gone to see all my health professionals? Do I need a stay cation or vacation?
- Review your contacts: So this is my time of year to decide if a contact should stay in my phone or not. I always look at it like this: When something is no longer useful in my life stays, it is taking up room for something is more valuable and useful. I am not saying you have to be petty. I do not believe in passive aggressive behavior. If you have exhausted every avenue of staying in touch with someone and the favor is not returned, you can purge the contact.
- Analyze your friendships and relationships: First, I always start with myself. Am I being a great friend ? It is easy to blame other people but you have to ask yourself, if you are being your best self. Sitting at dinner with your friends, texting and being on social media the whole time is rude? You can not be present in both places. Are you being a great mate? When was the last time you said “I love you” and meant it. We need to give our best to the people around us.
- Goals: You can always add or remove things to your list. It is okay to make modifications because you may wake up one day and realize you are not your best self.
- Finances: Maybe you want to start a business to earn more money? Maybe you want to make a career change? Maybe you need to modify how you spend money by using coupons, scanning deals before you shop. Maybe you have a a lot of debt and you want some freedom? You should contact a financial counselor who can help you have freedom. You can reduce debt and still enjoy your life.
- You are priceless: You are your best asset. You may need to make some modifications in your life so that you can be your best self. There is nothing wrong with prioritizing yourself.