You and your crush have decided it is time to meet face to face. Now, you both have to decide on a first date location. You maybe a little nervous which is normal. Click here to read about how to prepare for for your date. Also, make sure this is a date before you tell your heart and social circle. So the first question is where is the perfect place? Let’s start with where not to go. Your home or the home of your crush is not an option. You are strangers and giving out your address is not a good idea. Also, you want to meet in a neutral place. A hotel or motel room is not an option either. How will you and your crush get to know one another on a real level in a hotel or motel room? Avoid excessive alcohol, this will allow you to talk from the heart. Also, put down the phone so your date can talk to you.
So now we have taken some options off the table, we can discuss real first date options. Please make sure you discuss food allergies ahead of time. If you are not a fan of a certain restaurant or cuisine, please say so. Be honest so that this date can start off on the right foot.
1) Coffee: I know this is cheesy but it is actually a good option. It is casual and no pressure. You can have an authentic conversation and decide if you want to proceed beyond coffee. Coffee can be an icebreaker before a meal.
2) Casual dinning: I am talking about places with actual silverware like Applebee’s, Red Robin and TGI Fridays. These places have so many food options and the price is right. Also, make sure you request a booth so you can have privacy to chat. This is also a no pressure environment and parking is usually free.
3) Dinner and a Movie: I know this is so cliche but think about it. Two people who have never met can have a movie as an icebreaker and dinner as a follow up. It is a public place and you should compromise on a a movie. You may want to see a romantic comedy and your crush may want to see an action movie but you two can meet somewhere in the middle. You can pick dinner at a place near the theater.
4) The Park: This is a great idea because like coffee, you can use this as an icebreaker before your actual date. You can walk around and eventually sit down and talk. It is also once again low pressure. Also, you can enjoy nature while you enjoy the company of one another.
5) Bowling: I like bowling because it is competitive and there is food at the venue. Bowling is really cheap and be on the lookout for coupons. A lot of adults enjoy bowling and why can’t you have a good time time as you get to know one another? This is low pressure so you can dress down.
6) Museum: A museum is a great date because you can learn about something new or get a refresher while getting to know one another. Also, most museums are reasonably priced. You can grab coffee or a meal afterward. I would pick a place that is near the museum.
7) Play: A play is great way to to watch a performance and talk during intermission and afterwards. Plays are interesting. Make sure you read up on the play and make sure it is something of interest of both of you. You do not have to go to the most expensive show. Colleges and other production companies produce shows at a discounted rate.
8) Concert: Please read this disclaimer before you decide to go to a concert where you and your crush are yelling at one another all night. I would not go to a concert that is going to be packed. I would go to a concert with multiple shows so you are not upset because you have to spend a lot of time and money for parking. I would not go to a loud concert because how will you be able to talk to each other?
So whatever your decide as your first date, I hope you will enjoy yourself. You are very worthy of the best life has to offer. It takes a lot of courage to decide to go on a date. Keep up the good work and have a great time.