Summer makes me think of relaxing a lot more than usual. You do not have to spend a lot of money or time to get away. Sometimes, you may just need a change of scenery for one night just to collect your thoughts. I want to take a moment to give you a few ideas for getting away for cheap while keeping things in perspective. You are a valuable asset and the best investment you can make into yourself is time and money.
- What is your version of relaxation? We are all unique individuals and what maybe relaxing to me may not be relaxing to you. Do you be around a lot of noise and people or do you need to be in a serene and quite place? Do you have to be in a luxurious hotel or camping with nature? Be honest with yourself.
- What is the purpose of your trip? Are extending your date? Do you need some sleep? Do you need a retreat to collect yourself? Are you connecting with family and friends? The purpose of your trip is great to keep in mind so that you can have clarity as you decide what you are going to do.
- Travel with a group? Group travel saves money but it depends on where you are going and the purpose of your trip? If you are trying to get away from stress, do not travel with people who will annoy or stress you. The purpose is to relax and not be stressed. Also, when you travel in a group, it is like living with them. Boundaries, compromise and understanding are needed. Also make sure you discuss upfront how everything will be split financially and who will be responsible for booking logging and travel arrangements.
- Travel alone? Be very careful if you are traveling alone. You are on your own and make sure you tell a trusted person where you will be going and check in with them. Solitude travel is great because it allows you to regroup and also you determine your schedule of events. If you want to sleep the whole time or have a scheduled trip, it is all up to you.
- One Night? Sometimes an overnight trip may do the trick. You may attend a concert or other event that is hours away from home. You can stay overnight and go home refreshed. Also, maybe getting away may allow you to get some desired sleep and alone time. Also, date night can turn into a nice overnight. I would recommend booking your accommodations ahead of time.
- Accommodations: There are so many ways to obtain deals on an overnight stay. Some great sites are Expedia, Kayak, Orbitz, Hotel Tonight, Airbnb, Hotels. com and more. Also, you can join hotel clubs for free and earn free overnight stays or get a discounted price on your overnight stay and sometimes amenties. Read the fine print
- Keep it local? You may not even want to travel far. You can stay overnight in your own town. Also, this is a way to cut down on travel time. Also, you may be able to stay home or at the home of a trusted family member or friend.
- Go Far away? You can travel far away also. You can save some money and keep an eye on deals. A lot of airlines run round trip specials all the time. Also, the websites I mentioned earlier will help with cutting down on costs and time.
You are too valuable of a person to not rest and relax. You also do not have to hit the lottery to travel. Sometimes, one night is all you may need. I hope that you will always make yourself a priority. Have fun and I promise to take my own advise.