In 2018, online dating has become so common. Most of us have probably attended the wedding of two people who met online. We are going to discuss the common sites for online dating. I am not endorsing any site and please read the website’s fine print. Free may not be free forever. Here are some things you need to remember and also ask yourself before you start online dating.
- Are you ready? If your heart is not ready to date be honest about that. You can decide not to do online dating or let any potential match know you are just looking for a friendship or someone to accompany you to events. It is okay to slowly get back into the game.
- Be honest: Do not use a picture from 10 years ago or boast about a degree, job or something else that you do not own. You want someone to fall in love with your true self. If you do not want a serious relationship or you are playing the field, say so. I am not a fan of playing the field but I would rather someone be honest about being a player than lie about it.
- Plan to meet in person eventually: You have to eventually meet in person. We have all heard of being catfished. If your online boo has no intention of ever meeting you that is a red flag.
- Be smart; You should never give away personal info like your address, social security number, money, and more to a complete stranger. If you are being pressured for this information, that is a red flag.
- Have a complete profile: You do not need to write a book on your life but make sure you provide at least three recent pictures and some basic info about yourself. How would you feel if someone wrote one sentence about themselves with no pictures?
- Enjoy the process: You cannot expect to make a match within hours of making your profile. Give it time and have fun. This is a fun process and should not be stressful.
I have listed common online dating website. Look up each website and make sure you read the fine print. Each site has their own fees and more. Happy Online dating!