Yesterday we discussed deciding if you were going on a date or not but you can catch up by clicking here. I also published an article to discuss your first date and you can review that article by clicking here. So now what to do if you do not have a date? I have good news. You can date yourself and it is actually fun. Here are some fun ways you can date yourself .
- You can eat alone: It is okay to eat at a restaurant alone. You have to treat yourself the way that you expect someone else to treat you. Carrying out or cooking for one is routine so treat yourself. Groupon and LivingSocial has coupons for restaurants all the time. If you have a favorite restaurant, follow them on social media and subscribe to their email list to get coupons. Opentable allows you make reservations ahead of time.
- Block out time for yourself: It is okay for you to put time on your calendar for yourself. We have meetings, appointments and reminders on our calendar and we need to block out time for yourselves.
- A date does not have to involve food: Some dating ideas include working out, watch Hulu or Netflix, a midday nap, retail therapy, a spa or hair appointment and so much more.
- Rest is essential: You can rest and not work all the time. Sometimes, we can fill our calendars up so much, we have no time for ourselves. Rest is how we rejuvenate ourselves and also invest in our health.
- What About Your Friends? You can meet up with your friends. Life is not meant for you to be alone. Friends are good to have to shower you with love as well as being there when things are good or bad. Phone calls and texts are okay but imagine that face to face time.
- Hobbies are good: Is there something new you want to learn? Do you want enhance a skill? This is a good time to learn something new. You can check at your local community college, find a group associated with your hobby (meetup.com is a great start) or find an organization associated with your hobby.
- Online Dating: This is a good way to screen potential people and develop a friendship before meeting. I will do an article about online dating. In the meantime, be safe and take your time.
- Stay in the know: A great place to start to find events is Eventvrite or Ticketmaster. Also checkout your local television or print newspaper events section. There is always some festival, concert, sporting event or convention occurring and you can attend these events. Many events are free or cost a few bucks.
Dating yourself is a blast. You are with yourself all the time so why not spend some exclusive time with yourself. It is great to invest in other people but you cannot give away what you do not do for yourself.