Can you believe this is the final Friday of summer? This year has gone by so fast. The good news is we still have time to savor summer. I know we have a lot to look forward to in the fall and winter. In the meantime, let us savor our last days of summer. I have listed some ways I will savor summer all year long. Also, who says we should keep these summer ideas constrained to summer? How do you feel about the close of summer? Are you ready for fall? Please feel free to respond in the comments.
- Favorite frozen treat: I believe you can have your favorite frozen treat all year long but there is something about summer that makes it more enjoyable. Some frozen treats include ice cream, Italian ice and gelato. I discovered SO Delicious which has gluten, dairy and soy free frozen treats that do not compromise taste. So, whatever you do, make sure you enjoy your favorite frozen treat anytime.
- Chicken or Plant Based Sandwich: Who knew this was going to be the summer of food wars. We had the chicken sandwich wars followed by the mac n’ cheese wars. This all unfolded on social media. This summer, I finally feasted on a Beyond Meat burger and it was so good. I know when we think of burgers, we think of grills and summer but you can enjoy any type of burger anytime.
- Buy summer clothing: A lot of summer clothing is on clearance. This is a great time to get summer clothing at discounted rate. A few weeks ago, I bought white capris for $7.00. I was so happy not only with the fit of the capris but with the price. You can be motivated for looking forward to next summer while saving a lot of money on your summer wardrobe.
- Go to the Beach: I did not get to go to the beach to this summer. If you are still able to get to a beach before the weather changes, please go. There is nothing like the smell, feel and sound of the ocean and sand. I plan to be at the beach a lot in 2020 which leads me to my next point.
- Book your 2020 trips: The best way to look forward to next summer is to book a trip. I have my eyes set on several places but it is not official until the trip is booked. This is a good time to start researching and talking to friends and family about doing a trip. The key to having a great trip is to plan ahead and find a great deal. Traveling is fun and let’s start exploring our traveling options.
- Plan fall and winter activities: There are so many fun things to do in the fall and winter. If you need some fall ideas, click here. I know I plan to do a lot of recipe exchanges and cooking this fall. I cook my own food most of the time now but there is something about the smells and foods of fall and winter. I am excited to resume baking. I am looking forward to posting my recipes on here.
- Write a letter to yourself to open next summer: I am writing a letter to myself for next summer. The reason is I want to make sure that I stay the course and that my future self will appreciate my current self. Sometimes, we just keep going on our journey without celebrating our progress. We deserve to encourage ourselves in a year.
Thank you summer for your beauty. I grew as a better person because of this season. I learned a lot about myself. Until next year, thank you summer. Dear readers, summer was a blast but now we have fall and winter to look forward to and let us be full of joy as we transition from summer into fall. Here is to a peaceful and joyful transition from summer to fall.